Avocado and Egg Toast is the perfect healthy breakfast. Packed with so much flavor you won’t want to miss a bite.
5 minute prep
- 1⁄2 avocado, ripe
- 2 slices whole grain toast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste (optional)
- Squeeze of lime (optional)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and spread it onto the toast by mashing it with the back of a fork.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, cayenne and squeeze of lime. Then layer hard-boiled egg slices on top of the avocado mash, and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 374; Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 36g; Sugar: 4g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 13g; Sodium: 440mg
Registered Dietitian Approved
Your recipes, articles, videos, and more content are reviewed by our Registered Dietitian Kate Ueland, MS, RD, CSO, a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition, to ensure that each is backed with scientific evidence and follows the guidelines set by the Oncology Nutrition for Clinical Practice, 2nd Ed., published by the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, a professional interest group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the American Institute for Cancer Researchand the American Cancer Society.
This recipe was originally published on Cook for Your Life. It is used by permission.