In terms of sex, it seems as if the news is dominated with HIV stats and STD reports. Yes, you have to wrap it up, but sex isn’t necessarily the enemy. Fitness magazine Women’s Health has created a list of 18 reasons why a romp in the sack could benefit you and your partner. Here’s our favorite four reasons from the list that may encourage you to put a little more (safer) sex in your life.
- Keep His Heart Healthy: According to a study at Queens University in Belfast, showing your male partner some physical loving three or more times a week, can cut his risk of a stroke and heart disease in half. What better way to express your affection than by protecting your man’s ticker?
- An Intimate Workout: Don’t be so hard on yourself for indulging in that last scoop of ice cream—put in 30 minutes of heart pounding sex and burn 200 calories.
- More Zzzzs: Can’t seem to get a good night’s rest? Snooze-inducing endorphins released from sexual intercourse may lull you to sleep.
- Pep in Your Step: Though ‘money makes the world go ’round’ is a popular adage, a recent study by the National Bureau of Economic Research found that sex actually makes us happier. The study indicates that married people with an active sex life were just as happy as those earning an extra $100,000 annually.
- Relax and Release: Whether you have an aggressive side that’s waiting for liberation or need to relieve some stress, sex is a great way to be as uninhibited as you want to be and let off some steam.
Read the article in its entirety here.