Maybe, but there isn’t enough evidence to know for sure. The data aren’t convincing, and research swings from yes to no to maybe. We do know that brain games won’t hurt you, so if you enjoy playing them, continue to do so.
If you want to protect your brain, there is strong evidence supporting the following actions:
- Be physically active.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours on most nights.
- Maintain your health, including normal weight, blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Stay connected with family, friends and community.
- Reduce stress; try meditation.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco products and recreational drugs.
Brain Awareness Week is March 11 – 17. Click here for more information, including tips on how to care for your brain.