This White Bean, Arugula & Tomato Salad is a great way to get more beans into your summer menus. And you can add so many different fresh herbs to this salad — we’ve named a few good candidates to get you started, so go ahead and pick your favorite combo.
15 min prep
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (dill, tarragon, chervil, mint, or basil)
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- 1 (14 ounces) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bunch arugula, washed
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, salt, and pepper together. Gradually beat in the vinegar until the dressing has emulsified. Taste for sharpness and seasoning. Stir in the chives and herbs.
- With a wooden spoon, gently fold in the tomatoes and beans. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Just before serving, mix in the arugula and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 239; Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 28g; Sugar: 4g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 10g; Sodium: 637mg
Registered Dietitian Approved
Your recipes, articles, videos, and more content are reviewed by our Registered Dietitian Kate Ueland, MS, RD, CSO, a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition, to ensure that each is backed with scientific evidence and follows the guidelines set by the Oncology Nutrition for Clinical Practice, 2nd Ed., published by the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, a professional interest group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the American Institute for Cancer Research and the American Cancer Society.
This recipe was originally published on Cook for Your Life. It is used by permission.