If you’re hankering for something sweet during treatment, rather than get a fix of totally empty calories over the counter, make yourself a batch of these. Incredibly easy to throw together, a single serving of these rich, filling little treats will seriously satisfy your sweet tooth while bringing you nourishment and calories. The toasted sesame seeds in the tahini not only make the bars deliciously nutty-tasting, but they also add an abundance of nutrients and minerals to them.
15 min prep
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grease a 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, tahini, and coconut oil. Pour the mixture into dish and flatten into an even layer.
- Place chocolate chips into a large bowl. In a small pot, bring cream to a simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the tahini mixture and spread into an even layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 380; Fat: 31g; Saturated Fat: 14g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 9g; Carbohydrates: 23g; Sugar: 12g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 81mg
Registered Dietitian Approved
Your recipes, articles, videos, and more content are reviewed by our Registered Dietitian Kate Ueland, MS, RD, CSO, a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition, to ensure that each is backed with scientific evidence and follows the guidelines set by the Oncology Nutrition for Clinical Practice, 2nd Ed., published by the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, a professional interest group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the American Institute for Cancer Researchand the American Cancer Society.
This recipe was originally published on Cook for Your Life. It is used by permission.